What you need:
- 3 lbs (9 -10 medium) gold, yellow or russet potatoes, peeled
- 4 T butter
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz or 11/2 c sour cream
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Quarter potatoes and boil
in salted water until fork tender but not mushy; drain. Place
potatoes in a large bowl with 2 T of butter and mix with hand
mixer until fairly smooth. Add sour cream, cream cheese, salt
and pepper and mix until well blended.
- Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray. Add
potatoes and dot with remaining 2 T of butter. Bake for 30
minutes uncovered; serve.