Affordable Yet Tasty Toaster Oven Sandwich Recipes
By Roger Mitch
The first-ever electric toaster oven was invented in 1910 by a man named William Hadawy. This guy also designed and developed the toaster for the Westinghouse Corporation, which is still one of the leading toaster oven manufacturers today. Today, however, the oven toaster have moved beyond simply toasting different types of bread, for it can bake, broil roast and toast different types of food. From chicken, turkey, pork, beef, fish, veal and other recipes, the oven toasters of the present day can do it all for you.
Cool Toaster Oven Sandwich Recipes
If you have guests coming over for lunch or dinner, and you serve them different types of dishes and recipes, they’d probably be so surprised if they knew you cooked all of these on your small, but powerful, oven toaster. Here are some unique and tasty toaster oven recipes to consider.
Cuban Sandwich Recipe
The ingredients for cooking a delicious Cuban sandwich include 2 loaves Cuban or French bread (sliced in half), ¼ cup mayonnaise, 4 slices Swiss cheese, 4 small thinly-sliced dill pickles, half pound sliced cooked pork loin, half pound sliced cook ham, and two tablespoons melted butter.
- Once the ingredients are in place, preheat the oven toaster to 400°F, and spread mayonnaise over the sliced bread surfaces.
- Place cheese, pork and ham and pickle slice on one half, and cover it with the second bread slice.
- Cut the bread in half and put it on slightly-oiled iron skillet.
- Push down the sandwiches using a spatula or hands, and brush the top with butter.
- Bake the Cuban sandwich for twenty minutes, until it becomes crisp and slightly golden brown.
Parisian Beef Sandwich Recipe
In baking Parisian beef sandwich, the ingredients include 1 loaf French bread, 1 lb cooked slice roast beef, 1/5 lb softened cheese, ¼ cup mango chutney mix.
- Turn on the toaster oven, and spread some oil over the cut bread sides.
- Toast for minute until the bread turns golden.
- Put roast beef and cheese on one side, and return to the toaster until the cheese becomes bubbly.
- Top the sandwiches with the sliced bread half, and serve once the heat dissolves.
While the early versions of the toaster oven were only good for toasting breads, and cooking simple recipes, today’s new line of toasters combine essential oven functions, and are great for broiling, baking and even roasting.
This valuable and reliable piece of kitchen equipment can now cook different types of meat, as well as toast and broil vegetables and other food items. What makes this kitchen appliance so appealing is that while it’s a bit small, it can effectively handle most entrees, and still have enough room to spare.
This kitchen appliance also uses only a small fraction of electricity as compared to regular ovens, and most toaster oven designs today also carry extra-useful accessories like a broiling tray, cookie sheets and more. This kitchen appliance is definitely a must-have item for individuals who don’t usually prepare large meals everyday.
About the Author: Want to make your cooking easier? Why not take a look at how 4 slice toasters
and the hamilton beach toaster
can help you cook up different recipes!
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=601356&ca=Cooking