What you need:
- 3 lb corned beef brisket (preferably flat cut) with spice pack
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, cut in halves
- 12–15 baby carrots
- 2 c apple cider
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, cored and chopped
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 1 T spicy yellow mustard
What you do:
- Place corned beef, potatoes, carrots, onion and cabbage in a 5
quart or larger crock pot. In a separate bowl, combine brown
sugar, cider, mustard and spice packet from brisket; mix well.
Pour over brisket and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 8
– 10 hrs.