What you need:
- 6 bacon strips, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 4 c water
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1.25 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c celery, chopped
- 1/2 c onion, chopped
- 3 T butter
- 1 T parsley flakes
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add celery and onion and
saute until tender, but not browned.
- Add potatoes, parsley, water, salt and pepper to saucepan and
mix. Bring to a low boil and continue boiling for 12 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix. Heat on low until cheese
melts, stirring occasionally; serve.