What you need:
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c chicken broth
- 3.5 T cooking sherry
- 2 T flour
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 t garlic salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken to skillet and season with
garlic salt and pepper. Cook chicken just until browned on both
sides; remove chicken from pan.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add mushrooms to skillet and saute for a
few minutes. Toss flour over mushrooms, add sherry and
chicken broth and stir until well mixed.
- Add chicken to a large casserole dish or baking pan. Pour
mushrooms and sauce over chicken. Place chicken in oven and
bake for 45 minutes, uncovered. Serve with mashed potatoes or
over egg noodles.