Best Recipe For Creole Chicken Gumbo
Author: Sabina Novak
How to prepare best recipe for Creole Chicken Gumbo? . Creole cooking is probably the ultimate fusion cooking, that is, it is a blend of many different cultures. And, we're the lucky recipients because there is no need for any gluten-containing ingredients. I use Cajun-style andouille chicken sausage in this recipe but you can use any type you wish. This recipe makes about 4 servings. Follow the ingredients and easy directions carefully:
BEST RECIPE FOR CREOLE CHICKEN GOMBO
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 chicken legs
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ pound gluten-free andouille sausage cut in ¼-inch slices
- 1 rib celery, finely sliced
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup petite diced tomatoes, including juice
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 cups gluten-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or ½ teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) okra, okra pieces halved, drained
- 1 teaspoon file powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup cooked, diced dark meat chicken
- 4 ouncesfresh or canned crab meat
- 2 cups hot cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a Dutch oven or other deep, heavy pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil over medium heat. Add chicken in one part of skillet and put onion, sausage, celery and green pepper in separate area of skillet. Cook until chicken is browned on all sides. Stir vegetables and sausage occasionally so they brown on all sides, transferring to plate if they finish browning before chicken. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, broth, tomato paste, bay leaves, paprika, thyme, basil, salt, and black pepper (and return browned vegetables to skillet, if removed). Gradually bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer gently, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Add okra to pot and continue to simmer 5 minutes more. In a small bowl, blend file powder and cold water. Add to soup and stir briskly. Add chicken and crab meat and heat to serving temperature over medium heat, but do not boil. Serve piping hot over hot cooked rice, garnished with parsley.
This is a gluten free recipe. Follow the simple directions and you will be amazed how good this Creole Chicken Gumbo recipe really is. Lots of fun preparing this nice recipe and Bon Apetit.
Article Source: http://www.sooperarticles.com/food-drinks-articles/recipes-articles/best-recipe-creole-chicken-gumbo-745990.html
Find the BEST CHICKEN RECIPES with step by step directions.
Quick and EASY CHICKEN RECIPES prepared in minutes.
Find the most popular CHICKEN RECIPES WITH PICTURES.
Learn all about chicken (Articles): shopping for chicken, cooked poultry temperature, carving a whole chicken, what to do with leftover roast chicken, how to cut up a whole chicken, spices and herbs for chicken, different cuts of chicken, easy ways to prepare chicken, best chicken stock recipe and many more...
Welcome to Emely's Recipes.