Blackened Tilapia Recipe
By Sabina Novak
How to prepare Blackened Tilapia Recipe? Tilapia is a delicate, white freshwater fish that is available fresh in fish markets or frozen in grocery stores. To “blacken” food means to coat it with dry spices to add flavor and then fry or bake it. For best results, transfer the Blackening Seasoning to a shaker-type bottle (an empty spice bottle with a perforated plastic snap-on lid works quite nicely) so you can quickly and evenly coat the fillets with the seasonings. Make the creamy, rich mashed potatoes first and keep them hot while preparing the quick-cooking tilapia. Ingredients and directions:
BLACKENED TILAPIA RECIPE
- Water to cover potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (4 ounces) plain goat cheese, at room temperature
- Additional salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons homemade Blackening Seasoning or to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter or buttery spread, such as
- Earth Balance
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup fresh snipped chives
- 1 whole lemon, quartered, for garnish
- Make the mashed potatoes: Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add potatoes and salt and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook potatoes about 20 minutes on low heat, or until done. Drain potatoes, reserving ¼ cup of the potato liquid. Mash potatoes with a potato masher; adding enough of the reserved potato liquid to reach desired consistency. Add goat cheese and mash into the potatoes until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover the pan and let stand while preparing the fish.
- Make the tilapia: Prepare the blackening seasoning. Then, heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat for about 10 minutes. Melt the butter in the skillet and then pour the butter on a plate. Pat the fillets dry with paper towels. Dip each fillet in the butter, coating both sides. Sprinkle 1 side of each fillet with blackening seasoning. Place the fillet in the hot skillet, seasoned side down, and then sprinkle the top side with blackening seasoning. Cook about 2 minutes or until the underside looks charred. Turn and cook 2 more minutes until the underside looks charred. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish or until the fish is just barely opaque when cut in the thickest part.
- Place a mound of mashed potatoes on each of 4 dinner plates. Place the fish on top of the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with chives. Garnish with lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
Follow this direction carefully. Hope you enjoy this special seafood recipe and Bon Apetit.
About the Author:
Find the best and most popular recipes like Chicken, Beef, Soup, Pizza, Pasta, Casserole, Salad, Cookies and bars, Chocolate, Seafood, Ice Cream ,Souffle ,Coffe ,Appetizer ,Lamb ,Desserts ,Healthy recipes ,Gourmet recipes ,15 minut Lunch , Jam recipes and many more…
Emely's Best CITRUS SALMON RECIPE.
Here you can find one of the best seafood recipe; LINGUINI WITH CLAM SAUCE RECIPE prepared in minutes.
Find the most popular seafood recipe; SHRIMP LINGUINE ALFREDO. Welcome to Emely’s Cuisine.
Articles Source: Blackened Tilapia Recipe