What you need:
- 4 lbs chicken parts (wings, thighs, etc.)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c flour
- 2 t chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 c olive or vegetable oil
- 1.5 t salt
- 1 t Louisiana or Cajun style hot sauce
- 1/4 t black pepper
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken to skillet and cook until
browned on all sides (save drippings). Place chicken in the
bottom of a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot.
- Heat drippings in pan over medium heat. Add flour and stir
constantly until flour is dark brown. Add vegetables, mix
thoroughly and remove from heat. Cover chicken in crock pot
- In a medium bowl, combine salt, pepper, chicken bouillon, water
and hot sauce. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables.
Cook, covered, for 4-6 hours on low, or until vegetables are
tender and chicken is cooked through.