What you need:
- 1 lb Italian sausage, ground bulk
- 6 oz egg noodles
- 2 T pimento, chopped
- 1/4 c green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 c milk
- 103/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 T butter, melted
What you do:
- Brown sausage in a medium skillet; drain. Cook noodles per
directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine sausage, noodles,
peppers and pimento.
- In a large saucepan, combine soup and milk. Cook on medium
heat, stirring occasionally, until simmers; remove from heat.
Add cheese and stir until cheese melts. Add noodle mixture to
sauce pan and mix until thoroughly combined. Pour into 2 quart
greased casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and bread crumbs. Layer on top
of casserole. Bake for half an hour at 350 degrees.