What you need:
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 T butter
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and fill with water until
potatoes are covered. Boil potatoes until they are fork tender
but not mushy; drain.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine potatoes, sour cream, butter, cream cheese, salt and
pepper in a large bowl. Whip or mash potatoes until creamy.
- Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with nonstick spray. Pour
mashed potatoes into casserole, top with cheddar cheese and
place in the oven. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until
cheese melts and potatoes are heated through.