What you need:
- 11/2 c flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/3 c butter, softened
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 1/2 c walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 T butter, melted
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 T flour
- 1 T cinnamon
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, vanilla and egg; set aside. Sift
together 11/2 c flour, baking powder, salt and white sugar. Add
butter and milk mixture and stir to mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine walnuts, 3 T butter, brown sugar, 2
T flour and cinnamon and mix.
- Grease a 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Add 1/2 cake mixture to pan,
then 1/2 topping; repeat ending with topping. Bake for 30 - 40
minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.