What you need:
- 3-4 lb beef roast
- 2 (103/4 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4 oz can mushrooms, drained
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. In a small bowl, combine pepper and
onion soup mix. Rub mixture onto roast. Place roast in skillet
and brown on all sides. Add roast to crock-pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix mushroom soup and mushrooms. Pour
soup mixture over roast. Cook, covered, for 8 hours on low.
Serve with mushroom gravy from crock-pot.