Deep Fried Grouper Recipe
Author: Sabina Novak
This Deep Fried Grouper Recipe is prepared with Thai Curry Sauce.This is one of the dishes that reminds me that many ethnic foods are totally gluten free-naturally-and anyone can enjoy them. The heat in this dish comes from the green curry paste. Start with 1 teaspoon and taste the sauce before adding any more. Here are ingredients and easy directions:
DEEP FRIED GROUPER
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon unsalted butter or buttery spread, such as Earth Balance, or canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce, such as Taste of Thai or Thai Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14 to15 ounces) coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole lime or lemon, quartered, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 grouper or red snapper fillets (about4 ounceseach)
- 1?8 teaspoon salt
- 1?8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Make the rice: In a medium pan, bring water to boil. Add rice, salt, and butter, cover, and simmer on low heat approximately 20 minutes or until rice is done. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Make the sauce: In a medium pan, combine all sauce ingredients and simmer, uncovered, over medium heat, stirring often, for about 10 minutes. Mixture will thicken slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the grouper: In a medium, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat Sprinkle both sides of grouper with salt and pepper. Cook grouper over medium-high heat to desired degree of doneness, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish or until the crumbs are golden and the fish is just barely opaque when cut in the thickest part or flakes easily with a fork
- For each serving, place ½ cup Thai curry sauce in each of 4 bowls. Add ½ cup cooked white rice and one fillet of grouper. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if using.
Makes 4 servings.
Follow this easy directions. Hope you enjoy Deep Fried Grouper recipe (unique seafood recipe) and Bon Apetit.
Article Source: http://www.sooperarticles.com/food-drinks-articles/recipes-articles/deep-fried-grouper-recipe-638322.html
Emely's Best CITRUS SALMON RECIPE. Here you can find one of the best seafood recipe; LINGUINI WITH CLAM SAUCE RECIPE prepared in minutes. Find the most popular seafood recipe; SHRIMP LINGUINE ALFREDO. Welcome to Emely's Cuisine.