Easy Chicken Kiev Recipe
Author: Sabina Novak
How to prepare easy Chicken Kiev Recipe? Try making a paste with olive oil rather than stuffing the chicken with garlic butter in the usual way; that way you get nice moist chicken and just as much flavor without so much grease. If you'd rather have garlic butter though, mix the same amount of garlic, onion salt and parsley with roughly2 oz(50 g) of butter. Use regular breadcrumbs instead of biscuit crumbs if you prefer, or a mixture of both. Here are ingredients and directions:
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion or celery salt
- 2 tsp parsley
- 11/2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cream crackers
- 2-3 handfuls of cornflakes
- 1 egg
- Splash of milk
- Remove the skin from the chicken, rinse and dry the meat thoroughly and trim any little fatty bits. (If the fillets are very large, cut them in half.) With a very sharp knife, slice through the middle of each piece of chicken about ¾ of the way through.
- In a small bowl, crush the garlic and mix to a paste with the salt, onion or celery salt, parsley and olive oil.
- Whiz the crackers and cornflakes in a food processor, or put the whole lot in a large food bag and crush with a rolling pin or other heavy object, then tip the biscuit crumbs onto a dinner plate or shallow tray. Put a couple of tablespoons of flour on another plate and mix the beaten egg with a big splash of milk in a fairly large, shallow bowl.
- Warm about an inch (2 cm) of oil in a large pan and preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 (200ºC) while you spread the garlic paste (or garlic butter) in the middle of each piece of chicken.
- Dust the chicken pieces with a little flour then dip first in the beaten egg mixture before covering completely in biscuit crumbs.
- As soon as the oil is hot enough - i.e. a small piece of bread turns brown in about half a minute - put the chicken fillets in the pan two or three at a time and fry for a few minutes until crisp and golden.
- Finish cooking the chicken in the oven for about 15 minutes, depending on size, and serve with fried potatoes, or rice and salad.
Follow the easy directions carefully and you will be surprised how good this chicken recipe really is. Hope you like this Chicken Kiev recipe and bon apetit.
Article Source: http://www.sooperarticles.com/food-drinks-articles/recipes-articles/easy-chicken-kiev-recipe-739337.html
Find the BEST CHICKEN RECIPES with step by step directions.
Quick and EASY CHICKEN RECIPES prepared in minutes.
Find the most popular CHICKEN RECIPES WITH PICTURES.
Learn all about chicken (Articles): shopping for chicken, cooked poultry temperature, carving a whole chicken, what to do with leftover roast chicken, how to cut up a whole chicken, spices and herbs for chicken, different cuts of chicken, easy ways to prepare chicken, best chicken stock recipe and many more...
Welcome to Emely's Recipes.