What you need:
- 11/2 lbs lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz can chili beans, undrained
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 t cumin
- 11/2 t dried oregano
- 1 t dried red pepper flakes
What you do:
- Add all ingredients to a 3.5 quart or larger crock-pot and mix.
Cook, covered, for 6-8 hours on low. Serve with sour cream
and/or additional red pepper flakes per taste.