What you need:
- four 250 g (8 oz) whole fish, such as mackerel, trout, grey mullet
or blue fish, cleaned
- 4 dill springs
- 4 lime slices
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 4 spring onion, sliced
- 1 cm (1/2 in) piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 6 teaspoons tomato puree (paste)
- Dill sprigs and lime slices, to garnish
What you do:
- Wash fish and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Slash 2 or
3 times on each side, tuck a sprig of dill and a lime slice Inside
each fish, then set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a small
pan. Add onions and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until
softened. Add ginger, garlic and mustard seeds and fry for 1
minute more, until mustard seeds start to pop.
- Stir in cayenne pepper, tamarind paste, tomato puree (paste)
and 90 ml (2 fl oz/1/3 cup) water. Bring to the boil and simmer,
uncovered, for about 5 minutes, until thickened slightly.
Meanwhile, heat grill. Place fish on grill rack, brush with
remaining oil and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, basting
occasionally with oil, until flesh flakes easily. Serve hot with the
sauce, garnished with dill and lime slices.
- Sunny is part time chef & Marketing lead at Coolflex (www.
coolflex.co.uk). Sunny cooks only for friends & family on parties
& family occasions. Coolflex offers the full range of common
mattress sizes including: small mattress, single mattress, double
mattress, king size mattresses, super king mattresses, and
memory foam mattress.
- Mattress Next Day - Mattress Next Day sell single mattresses and
king size beds direct from leading brand manufacturers, making
our prices the lowest you'll find. We specialise in pocket sprung,
memory foam, no turn and latex double mattresses as well as
kids beds in all shapes and sizes.