What you need:
- 3-4 lb whole roasting chicken
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 t thyme
- 1/4 t rosemary
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Wash and dry chicken inside and out with paper towels. In a
small bowl, mix olive oil, thyme, rosemary and garlic. Rub oil on
inside and outside surface of chicken. Salt and pepper chicken
per taste, inside and out. Add onion to inside cavity of chicken.
- Place chicken breast side up on center of grill. Cook, covered,
over low-medium coals or heat for 2 hours.
- Place in a shallow pan if having flare up problems.