This is a great recipe for serving as a main dinner dish. It's easy to prepare and let cook while you are busy or away from home. It's also a budget friendly recipe and prepared using items normally stocked in most kitchens. You will be pleased with the results. The steak is quite tasty, and the potatoes are covered in gravy. Use any extra gravy to pour over your steak, if desired. Add a green vegetable when serving for a complete meal.
Ground Beef Steak and Potatoes Slow Cooker Recipe
3 pounds ground beef
3/4 sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Flour for coating steak
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 bouillon cubes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup milk
5 or 6 potatoes, thickly sliced or cut into eighths
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, saltine crackers, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and milk. Mix until well blended. Shape into round patties or ovals and set aside.
2. Grease the bottom of the slow cooker and put in potatoes.
3. Dissolve the bouillon cubes in the water. Put flour, salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Add small amounts of water at a time, mixing continuously. Add milk and mix well to prevent any lumps from forming. Pour over potatoes in crock pot or slow cooker.
4. Dredge both sides of each beef patty in flour.
5. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown beef patties on each side, turning once. Place patties on top of potatoes in cooker.
6. Place lid on cooker and cook on low setting for 4 to 5 hours. On high setting, cook for 2 to 3 hours.