What you need:
- 3 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 16 oz package thin egg noodles, cooked al dente and drained
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 c canned corn, drained
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1.75 c tomato paste
- 2 T butter
- 2 t salt
- 1.5 t oregano
- 1/2 t garlic powder
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add celery and onion to skillet and
saute until tender, but not browned.
- Add ground beef, noodles, tomatoes, corn, tomato paste, salt,
oregano, garlic powder and 1/2 the cheese to skillet and mix.
- Pour contents of skillet into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Top with
remaining cheese. Place casserole in oven and bake, covered,
for 40 minutes.