What you need:
- 16 oz package dry pinto beans, rinsed
- 1/3 c butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1.5 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 6 c water
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
What you do:
- Add beans and water to a 4 quart saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2.5 hours, or until beans are
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add beans, water, garlic, salt and
pepper and mash together in pan. Simmer over medium heat
until thickened, stirring occasionally (approximately 10 - 15
- Sprinkle cheese on top of beans and heat on low for 1 minute, or
until cheese is melted; serve.