- 4 medium crabs
- 3 tablespoons vegetables oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2.5 cm (1in) piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 beef tomato, skinned and chopped
- 3 fresh green chilles, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut, toasted
- 1 quantity Almond Masala
- 250 ml (8fl oz/1cup)Coconut milk
Remove large claws from crabs and crack to make eating easier .Twist
off small claws.
- Pull out body sections from shells, remove finger-shaped gills
and discard. Cut body sections in half with a large sharp knife or
cleaver and use a skewer to remove all the white stomach sac
behind each head and any green colored matter and discard.
Scrape out creamy brown meat from shells and add to white
meat. Use a heavy weight to tap round underside of shells and
break round natural dark line, discarding the broken bits of
shells. Wash main shells and set aside.
- Heat oil in large frying pan, add onion and fry, stirring frequently,
for about 8 minutes or until soft and golden. Add garlic and
ginger and fry for 1 minute. Stir in tomato, chilies, coconut,
almond Masala, coconut milk and reserved crab meat. Add crab
claws and simmer, covered, for 6-8 minutes, until heated
through. Spoon the mixture into crab shells and serve hot.
- About the author Sunny is part time chef & web designer at
(http://www.tempocreative.com) sunny cooks only for friends
and family on parties on family occasions. With all of its
knowledge and dedication to customer service. Design is what
you do when you don't [yet] know what you are doing i.e., Real
design. Phoenix web design