What you need:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1.25 c picante sauce, (medium or hot per taste)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 2 T vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 c water
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add chicken and cook just until
browned on both sides. Place chicken and water in a 3.5 quart
or larger crock pot / slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning mix
over chicken. Pour picante sauce over chicken. Cook, covered,
for 5-7 hours on low, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from crock pot. Combine sour cream with
picante mixture in crock pot. Heat crock pot for 5-10 minutes on
low. Serve chicken with sauce from slow cooker.