The stuffing and dressing two terms are interchangeable. Stuffing can be a mixture of seasoning, vegetables, fruits, meats, eggs, nuts and herbs. In the 16th Century the English term for turkey forcemeat is stuffing. In the Victorian era stuffing was referred to as dressing. A turkey is not complete without a delicious dressing.Turkey stuffing is traditional at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Many dressing recipes are made with wheat, corn bread or rice. The Paleo diet does not allow wheat, rice or corn. Paleo stuffing is wheat bread, cornbread and rice free. Paleo bread substitutes wheat bread, cornbread and rice. Paleo cooks can still enjoy turkey with Paleo turkey stuffing. PaleoTurkey Stuffing Recipes: Paleo bread, fresh vegetables, fruits and nuts. FREE Recipes: Paleo Flax Seed Bread Recipe, Paleo Chestnut Dressing Recipe and Paleo Orange Apple Stuffing Recipe.
Flax Seed Bread Recipe
-2/3 cup flax meal
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pepper to taste
- Sea Salt to taste
- 3 tsp olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil
- 2 medium eggs
- ¼ cup water
1. In mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs together. Batter should be smooth.
2. Mix all ingredients and pour batter into regular loaf pan. Oil pan with olive, coconut or almond oil.
3. 350 degrees for approximately 40-45 minutes until baked thru-out.
Paleo Chestnut Dressing Recipes
- 1 cup shelled and chopped chestnuts (purchase shelled )
- 10 slices flax seed bread ( cut or tear bread into 1 ½ size pieces)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tspn sea salt (to taste)
- ½ tspn poultry seasoning (additive free)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sauté red onions and celery in almond butter.
- Add salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and chicken broth.
- Add bread chunks and chestnuts.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Stuff dress in turkey.
Dressing for 12 pound turkey
Paleo Orange Apple Stuffing Recipe
- 2 cups peeled and chopped Golden Apples
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ golden raisins
- 8 ozs peeled and chopped oranges
- 6 cups Paleo flax seed bread (sliced bits sizes)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons almond butter (melted)
- Combine sea salt, poultry seasoning and black pepper (set aside).
- Combine golden apples, walnuts, raisins and oranges.
- Saute Paleo bread chunks in almond butter until soft and remove from heat.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Add stuffing just before baking turkey.
Enjoy Paleo Mother Nature Recipes for the Holidays and All Year Around. Eat the way nature intended humans to eat.