What you need:
- 2 lbs sliced beef liver, rinsed
- 2 Vidalia onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c flour
- 1.5 c milk
- ¼ c butter, divided
- 1 T paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Place liver in a bowl and pour milk on top. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Saute onions and garlic in 2 T of the butter over medium heat
until onions are tender. Remove onions, then melt remaining
butter in pan.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a pie pan. Drain liver
slices then dredge in flour mixture. Place liver in pan and cook
over medium high heat until browned, then turn over and brown
other side. Add onions and turn the heat down to medium. Cook
until done to your personal preference.
- Recipe submitted by Dorothy via Cedar Falls, Iowa.