What makes MAMA SBARRO's ITALIAN RESTAURANT food so delicious? Original family recipes using only the highest quality 100% semolina pasta.
And - Hand-tossed dough, made fresh daily and topped with only the finest ingredients, are the reasons Sbarro pizza is famous worldwide.
One of Mama Sbarro's favorite family meals is their Rigatoni dish, made with their delicious sausage, fresh mushrooms and basil, marinara sauce and topped with melted mozzarella.
My personal favourite is...
--Sbarro Chicken Francese--
5 - boneless 5 oz. chicken breasts
3 oz. Romano cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 cup flour
pinch of white pepper
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 pound butter
juice from 2 lemons
1 1/2 cups oil (10% olive oil, 90% vegetable oil)
lemon slices and chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Pound chicken breasts flat and cut in half. Set aside.
2. Scramble eggs in mixing bowl. Add Romano cheese, parsley, and white pepper. Blend and set aside.
3. Put flour in a large shallow bowl.
4. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Check temperature by dipping a corner of a chicken piece in oil. If it boils slowly, oil is ready.
5. Coat both sides of a piece of chicken with flour. Dip chicken in egg mixture, making sure all flour is covered with egg. Let excess egg drip off, then place chicken in hot oil. Repeat with 4 more pieces. Fry each side of chicken until a light blond color. Remove from oil to a serving plate - keep warm. Repeat with other chicken pieces.
6. Bring chicken stock to a light boil. Add butter, stirring continuously, until melted. Add lemon juice and cook for 1 minute while stirring continuously.
7. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon slices and chopped fresh parsley.
Dig in and enjoy!
A Graduate of the Holland College Culinary Course, Brian Alan Burhoe has cooked in Atlantic Coast restaurants for over 30 years. He is a member of the Canadian Culinary Federation. Brian's articles reflect his interests in food service, dreamstudy, imaginative literature and our best friends -- our dogs.
His Home Page is A CULINARY MYSTERY TOUR - A Literary Chef. His articles have been reprinted on numerous culinary websites and various Blogs, including the popular new Recipe Site TRIOND'S NOTECOOK at Click Here to See Brian's Latest Recipes on Notecook!.
Sbarro's roots go back to Naples, Italy where for Gennaro and Carmela Sbarro the art of crafting Italian cuisine was a way of life. The couple and their three sons, Mario, Joseph and Anthony, immigrated to America in 1956 to pursue their dream of owning a successful business in the U. S.
Their Sbarro Italian Delicatessen in Brooklyn, N.Y. was well received by the local community and was the first of what would grow to become some 1,000 Sbarro restaurants. Today, Sbarro is owned by MidOcean Partners, a premier private equity firm.
Mama Sbarro serve fresh, traditional Italian cuisine that their cooks prepare in exhibition kitchens while guests relax in a casual atmosphere.
Their contemporary Italian design, with sleek finishes, bright lighting, and an open kitchen is offset by cozy seating to create an environment that is interesting, lively and comfortable. Friendly, attentive service is what makes Sbarro the perfect place for social, business and group dining.
A Graduate of the Holland College Culinary Course, Brian Alan Burhoe has cooked in Atlantic Coast restaurants for over 30 years. He is a member of the Canadian Culinary Federation. His articles reflect his interests in food service, dreamstudy, imaginative literature and our best friends -- our dogs. His Home Page is A CULINARY MYSTERY TOUR - A Literary Chef
|Easy Breezy Recipes