Simple Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Author: Sabina Novak
How to make simple Pineapple Chicken? anyone can prepare it with just a little effort. This is a perfect dish for your dinner guests. I serve it routinely because it is fail-safe and always receives rave reviews due to the unexpected, yet tantalizing combination of savory-sweet tarragon and thyme with the sweet-tart pineapple. It can be assembled ahead of time perhaps that morning and then baked just prior to serving. Add a side of basmati rice and sauteed red and green peppers for a colorful plate. This recipe makes 4 servings.Follow the ingredients and simple directions:
SIMPLE PINEAPPLE CHICKEN RECIPE
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1¼ pounds)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, including juice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon gluten free Worcestershire sauce, such as French's
- 1 table spoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon or ¼ teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds, for garnish
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until dark golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the pineapple, wine, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, thyme, and tarragon and pour over chicken. Cover and bake 45 to 50 minutes. Uncover, turn chicken over and bake 10 minutes more.
- Remove skillet from oven and transfer chicken to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Place skillet over medium heat and boil juices. If they are thick enough, return chicken to pan and serve. If not, mix cornstarch with water to form paste. Stir cornstarch mixture into boiling juices and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- To serve, pour pineapple mixture over chicken breasts. Garnish with parsley and nuts.
Let me remind all of you that this a gluten free recipe. Follow the directions very carefully and you will be surprised how good this gluten free recipe really is. Lots of fun preparing this simple chicken recipe and bon apetit.
Article Source: http://www.sooperarticles.com/food-drinks-articles/recipes-articles/simple-pineapple-chicken-recipe-743958.html
Find the BEST CHICKEN RECIPES with step by step directions.
Quick and SIMPLE CHICKEN RECIPES prepared in minutes.
Find the most popular CHICKEN RECIPES WITH PICTURES.
Learn all about chicken (Articles): shopping for chicken, cooked poultry temperature, carving a whole chicken, what to do with leftover roast chicken, how to cut up a whole chicken, spices and herbs for chicken, different cuts of chicken, easy ways to prepare chicken, best chicken stock recipe and many more...
Welcome to Emely's Recipes.