What you need:
- 11/2 lbs hot Italian sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6-8 sub or brat buns
What you do:
- In a large skillet, add sausage, onion and green pepper and
cook until sausage is browned. Drain any excess grease and
add spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Bring mixture to a light
boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place buns on baking sheet. Evenly distribute mixture to buns.
Sprinkle cheese on top. Place subs under broiler for a couple
minutes to melt cheese; serve.