|Easy Breezy Recipes
Angel Hair Pasta With Shrimp, Garlic, and Cilantro
Serves 4 peoples
Ingredients for this recipe
The extra virgin olive oil in this pasta dish is the mainstay of the Mediterranean diet, which is associated with a low risk of heart disease.
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro leaves, washed and chopped
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 small chili peppers, seeded, deveined, and minced
- 12 ounces shelled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups frozen small peas
Directions for this recipe
1. Fill a large pot with water and set on high heat to bring to a boil. Meanwhile, chop the cilantro leaves into small pieces.
2. When the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
3. As the pasta cooks, place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add the garlic and chili peppers and cook for 1 minute. Add the shrimp and peas, and cook for about 4 more minutes, stirring frequently, until the shrimp turns opaque. Stir in the cilantro and remove from heat.
4. When the pasta is done to your liking, drain and quickly return it to the pot. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook the pasta for no more than 1 minute, stirring it with a wooden spoon. (This prevents any remaining water from diluting the pasta sauce.)
5. Divide the pasta among 4 individual bowls and top with the shrimp mixture.
395 calories, 28% fat (12 g; 1.7 g saturated), 43% carbs (42 g), 29% protein (29 g), 4.78 g fiber, 68.5 mg calcium, 5.66 mg iron, 279 mg sodium.