What you need:
- 2 lbs catfish fillets, cut into even sized nuggets
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c cornmeal
- 1/2 can (12 oz) full flavor beer - drink the other half!
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
- canola, vegetable or peanut oil
What you do:
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet.
- Combine flour, corn meal, salt and black pepper together in a
medium bowl. Add beer and mix until it forms into a batter. Dip
fish nuggets in batter to evenly coat; shaking off excess. Place
catfish in hot oil and cook for 6-7 minutes, turning nuggets once
with thongs halfway through cooking time. Place fish nuggets on
paper towel lined plate to drain of excess oil; serve.
- Recipe submitted by Glenda W. via Huntsville, Alabama