This is a country style breakfast casserole recipe featuring link sausage, thick sliced bacon, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Your favorite breakfast link sausage browned and layered with shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion, chopped red bell pepper over English muffin pieces. Egg and milk mixture seasoned with salt and pepper, poured over the entire casserole, sprinkled with crumbled bacon and baked until golden brown and firm.
Use your favorite breakfast link sausage and bacon flavors and brands.
Breakfast Casserole with Sausage, Bacon and Mozzarella Cheese
1 (12 ounces) package Breakfast Sausage Links
6 English Muffins, cut into cubes
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup chopped White or Yellow Onion
1/2 cup chopped Red Bell Pepper
12 Large Eggs
2 cups Whole Milk
1/2 teaspoon Coarse Salt
1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
4 Bacon Strips, cooked crisp and crumbled
1. Brown sausage in skillet over medium heat.
2. Cool, and cut into 1/4" slices.
3. Place English muffin pieces in greased 13 x 9-inch ceramic baking dish.
4. Drizzle muffin pieces with melted butter.
5. Layer sausage pieces, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, chopped onion, and chopped bell pepper over English muffin pieces.
6. Add eggs, whole milk, salt and pepper to small bowl.
7. Pour egg mixture over shredded cheeses.
8. Sprinkle casserole with bacon bits.
9. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
10. Preheat oven to 350 F.
11. Bake 50 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
Attend a local cooking class to learn how the pros make delicious casserole dishes, or head to http://www.CasseroleRecipes.net, and select from the best taste-tested casserole recipes, from dozens of offerings.Articles Source: Breakfast Casserole With Sausage, Bacon and Mozzarella Cheese
|Easy Breezy Recipes
|Breakfast Casserole with Sausage, Bacon and