What you need:
- 16 oz package dried split peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped Canadian bacon
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What you do:
- In a 4 quart or larger crock pot, mix together all the ingredients
except 1/2 T of the curry powder.
- Cook, covered, for 8-9 hours on low. Remove cover and add
the remaining 1/2 T curry powder and mix; serve.