Cheesy Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
|Cheesy Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
Cheesy Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
By N.A Sanford
There's nothing better than a nice hearty bowl of soup during the fall and winter
months. I love walking in the door and smelling the delicious aroma of soup simmering
in the Crockpot. If you're looking for a flavorful recipe with simple ingredients, I have
the answer for you. This cheesy chicken potato soup recipe is always a hit in my
house. It's also a sneaky way to get my kids to eat some vegetables. Shhh, don't tell
them I said so, they have no idea!
You will need a pan and a Crockpot to cook for this cheesy chicken potato soup
recipe. I have a feeling you're going to fall in love and make it at least once a month,
if not more! If you follow these simple steps, the results will be a flavorful soup with
terrific texture. If you're not that comfortable in the kitchen, don't worry! We can get
through this together. Here's a tip: gather all your ingredients and lay them out
strategically before you begin. Here we go!
• 1-1 1/2 lbs raw chicken breast
• 10-12 small red roasting potatoes (chopped)
• 1 large yellow onion 2 small ones (chopped)
• 3 stalks celery
• Fresh Thyme
• 1 can cheddar cheese soup
• 1 32 oz box chicken stock
o Measure out 1/2 cup for de-glazing
• 1/3 Cup dry white wine
• 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 3/4 Cup sharp cheddar cheese (and extra for topping the soup, if desired)
• Chives (optional topping)
• Sour Cream or plain Greek yogurt (optional topping)
• Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan over medium-high heat.
• Season both sides of raw chicken breast with salt & pepper.
• Sear chicken in pan for 3 minutes, turn over and sear for 3 more minutes on other
side. (The goal is to brown the meat on each side. The meat will not be cooked
through. It will still be pink on the edges and inside, that's okay!)
• Place chicken on plate to cool while you de-glaze the pan. Leave the heat on for the
• Add white wine, 1/2 cup chicken stock and minced garlic to hot pan, scraping up any
browned bits. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
• Remove de-glazing liquid from heat and allow it to cool while prepping veggies.
• Chop chicken into bite sized pieces.
Veggie & Herb Prep
• Wash veggies and get ready to chop.
• Remove skin from potatoes. (Simply slice the skin off the edges of the potato,
creating a square shape. You don't need to peel the potatoes. Leave some of the
skin on. It's quicker and saves some healthy vitamins and great texture for the soup.)
• Peel & Chop onion(s)
• Remove tough strips from celery by breaking in half and peeling off stringy pieces.
(You don't need to remove all the strings, just the thick ones that come off with the
break. This makes the celery more tender, which means kids don't realize it's hiding in
• Chop Celery
• Pull Thyme leaves off stalks.
• In a medium bowl whisk together cheddar cheese soup and remaining chicken
stock. (This just blends the liquids together for a smooth consistency. )
• Add chicken, veggies & thyme to Crockpot
• Pour de-glazing sauce & soup mixture over meat & veggies
• Add 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• Mix Well
• Cook in Crockpot on low for 8 hours
• Ladle into bowls
• Top with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream/plain Greek yogurt and
chopped chives (if desired)
I hope you love this cheesy chicken potato soup recipe as much and my family does.
It warms you up and makes you feel all cozy inside. To see this recipe with photos, be
sure to visit our website. We have other great recipes too. Stop by and let us know
what you think. If you tried the recipe and used a different variation we'd love to know!
We look forward to hearing from you.
To see this recipe with images, please visit our website: http://organicsunshine.net/
Did you try this recipe? How was it? We would love to hear from you!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=N.A_Sanford