What you need:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 103/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 103/4 oz can cream of celery soup
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz jar pimentos, drained
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fettuccine (optional)
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken, salt and pepper and
saute in oil for 3 minutes.
- In a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot, add chicken. Add celery,
mushrooms, pimentos, green pepper and garlic. Pour soups
over chicken and veggies and mix. Cook, covered, for 6-7 hours
on low. Add cheese and mix. Continue cooking, covered, for 10
more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Cook fettuccine according to box directions; drain. Serve
chicken with sauce over hot fettuccine. Also works well served
with mashed potatoes.