What you need:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 (103/4 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c sherry or other dry wine
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 T oil
- 1/4 t black pepper
What you do:
- Brown chicken in hot oil in a large skillet; drain. Add chicken and
remaining ingredients to a 4 quart or larger crock-pot and mix.
Cook, covered, for 7-9 hours on low.