What you need:
- 3 lb rump roast
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Tony Chachere's creole seasoning
- 1/4 t dried red pepper flakes
What you do:
- Rub rump roast with Tony Chachere's creole seasoning per
taste. Treat quantities like you would for rubbing a roast with
salt and pepper.
- Place beef roast in the bottom of a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot.
Add onion on top of rump roast.
- In a medium bowl, combine diced tomatoes, garlic, and red
pepper flakes and mix. Pour mixture over roast. Cover crock
pot and cook on low for 8-9 hours.