What you need:
- 2 lbs round steak, cut into serving size portions
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 c cooking sherry
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 T parsley flakes
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/2 t basil
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
What you do:
- Place onions, mushrooms, green peppers and garlic in the
bottom of a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot slow cooker.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add round steak and brown on both
sides. Remove steak from skillet and place on top of vegetables
in crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to a medium bowl and mix. Pour
mixture over steak. Cook, covered, for 6-8 hours on low.