Why stand at the stove and be spattered with grease when you can achieve that same chicken taste by using your oven? This easy chicken recipe will take away all that mess and fuss. This easy recipe also is quite healthy due to the addition of cornflakes and buttermilk. Our world is hectic and crazy. Most of the time, both mom and dad are working. This easy, healthy chicken recipe is the perfect way to have that special chicken dinner without much trouble.
Easy Healthy Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken
Makes 6 Servings (Serving Size:1/2 Breast or 2 Small Drumsticks)
1/2 cup skim milk or buttermilk
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup cornflakes, crumbled
1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons dried hot pepper, crushed
1 teaspoon ground ginger
8 pieces chicken, skinless (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (use to grease baking pan)
a few shakes of paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
3. Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
4. Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk, shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
7. Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork. The drumsticks may require less baking time than the breasts. crumbs will form a crispy �skin". (Do not turn chicken during baking).
I hope you will use this easy chicken recipe over and over as I do. It is healthy while still being tasty. Be sure to go to my website for other wonderful healthy, easy chicken recipes, further food creation information and other extensive cooking tips.
I am the editor of a website devoted to all aspects of food and the creation of great food. You can find recipes, articles, cooking terms, and numerous other food related topics by directing yourself to my website, http://www.foodcreate.com Register your email and receive weekly recipes and other food creation information. If you have recipes to share, comments, or questions, email me at email@example.com
|Easy Breezy Recipes