Easy Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
Author: Sabina Novak
In this article i will show you how to prepare Easy Chocolate Biscotti Recipe. Forget the wine and dunk these in coffee. They pack well and can be sent over the miles for the holidays.Ingredients and easy directions:
EASY CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI RECIPE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten in a small bowl, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup whole almonds, roughly chopped
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; stir in the eggs and vanilla with a wooden spoon, then stir in the dried cranberries and almonds.
- Dust a clean, dry work surface with flour; turn the dough out onto it and knead a few turns until fairly smooth.
- Divide the dough in half; roll each half into 8- inch-long logs. Place these 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet and bake until dry to the touch and a little puffed, about 25 minutes. Transfer the baking sheets to a wire rack and cool the logs on the baking sheet at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer the logs to your work surface and use a serrated knife to cut them into 3/4-inch cookies, slicing on the diagonal to create long, oblong biscotti.
- Place these cut side down on the baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes. Turn all the cookies over so the other cut side is now down against the sheet and continue baking until crisp and lightly browned, about another 7 minutes.
This recipe makes about 24 cookies
Leave the biscotti on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
They can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Substitute any dried berry (blackberries, raspberries) for the cranberries. Chop any larger pieces of dried fruit so the bits are more even in the batter. For a heartier almond taste, add 1/4 teaspoon almond extract with the vanilla.
Follow the directions carefully. Hope you like this special dessert and Bon Apetit.
Article Source: http://www.sooperarticles.com/food-drinks-articles/desserts-articles/easy-chocolate-biscotti-recipe-679017.html
Emely's Best QUICK AND EASY DESSERT RECIPES One of the most popular Emely's dessert recipe; CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE RECIPE Most searched special dessert recipe; COCONUT MACAROONS RECIPE Welcome to Emely's Cuisine.