Easy Fish and Chips
By Sabina Novak
How to make Fish and Chips the easy way? . This recipe can be prepared with just a little effort. This is my version of the classic English dish. You can slice the potatoes by hand, but a mandoline makes it easier to cut very thin slices. Here are ingredients and easy directions:
EASY FISH AND CHIPS RECIPE
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (one-third of 12-ounce-can) soda water or gluten-free beer, such as Bard's Tale or Redbridge
- 1/2 cup white rice flour, for dredging
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/16-inch slices
- 1 1/2 pounds cod or haddock fillets, patted dry with paper towels and cut in 3-inch pieces
- Additional salt to taste
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 200 F. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking sheet (not nonstick) with foil; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, make the batter by combining the cornstarch, baking powder, salt, pepper, and egg. Pour in the soda water and whisk to a smooth batter; set aside. Spread the rice flour on a plate; set aside.
- In a deep saucepan or deep fryer, heat 3 inches of oil to 360 F. Pat the potatoes dry with paper towels. Add the potatoes to the oil and fry in batches 2 to 3 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove the chips with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Transfer chips to the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Let oil return to 360 F between batches.
- Dredge the fish pieces in the rice flour and then dip them into the batter. Carefully lay the battered fish in the bubbling oil and fry 4 to 5 minutes, or until crispy and brown and the fish is just opaque when cut in the thickest part or flakes easily with a fork. Remove the fish with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle lightly with salt. If you are frying a lot of fish, place fried fish on baking sheet with chips in the oven to keep warm. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
Follow this direction carefully. Hope you like this nice fish and chips recipe and Bon Apetit.
About the Author:
Find the best and most popular recipes like Chicken, Beef, Soup, Pizza, Pasta, Casserole, Salad, Cookies and bars, Chocolate, Seafood, Ice Cream ,Souffle ,Coffe ,Appetizer ,Lamb ,Desserts ,Healthy recipes ,Gourmet recipes ,15 minute Lunch , Jam recipes and many more...
Emely's Best CITRUS SALMON RECIPE.
Here you can find one of the best seafood recipe; LINGUINI WITH CLAM SAUCE RECIPE prepared in minutes.
Find the most popular seafood recipe; SHRIMP LINGUINE ALFREDO. Welcome to Emely's Cuisine.
Articles Source: Easy Fish and Chips