What you need:
- 16 oz package whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 32 oz jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 c non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 5 T olive oil
- 1 T oregano
- 1 T basil
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking
- Cook noodles to al dente then drain.
- Brown ground turkey (seasoned with salt and pepper to taste)
with onion and green pepper; drain fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce,
mushrooms, oregano and basil.
- Whisk the egg with Parmesan cheese and olive oil; toss in the
- Put half the noodle mixture in prepared baking dish, top with half
the Greek yogurt, half of the sauce mixture then half of the
mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers then cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes then take the foil off and bake another 20
minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly.