What you need:
- 3 lbs chicken parts
- 28 oz can tomatoes, undrained
- 12 oz package frozen peas
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 T vegetable, canola or olive oil
- 1 c uncooked white rice
- 1.5 c chicken broth
- 4 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Rinse and dry chicken pieces. Add
chicken to oil and cook until browned on both sides.
- Add the green pepper, onion and garlic and saute until onion is
translucent but not browned.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, cloves, bay leaves, paprika,
salt and black pepper and mix. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce
heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix in rice, cover and simmer for 25 more minutes, or until rice is
- Gently mix in red pepper and peas. Simmer uncovered for 5
minutes. Remove bay leaf and cloves before serving.