Haunted Forest Platter
3 stalks broccoli
3 medium beets
3 hard-boiled eggs
assorted fresh vegetables (such as cherry tomato, pea pods, kohlrabies, radishes, sweet red peppers, sweet
1 ounce spaghetti, cooked and drained
liquid green food coloring
1. To make a haunted forest, first create trees.
2. Cut bottoms from stalks of broccoli to make 6-inch broccoli trees.
3. Slice beets about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick to make a base for broccoli trees.
4. Break wood toothpicks in half.
5. Insert three to four toothpick pieces into bottom of each broccoli stalk and then insert into a beet slice.
6. Stand broccoli upright.
7. Cover to keep moist.
8. To make egg ghosts, use a small knife or 1/2-inch aspic cutters to hollow out eyes and mouths to form a face.
9. Cut small pieces of ripe olive to press into hollowed-out areas for eyes or mouth, if desired.
10. Cover to keep moist.
11. Using your imagination, create creepy creatures with tomatoes, sweet peppers, pickles, olives, and radishes.
12. Place broccoli trees on serving platter. Cover surface of platter with shredded carrot.
13. Hide egg ghosts in forest along with creepy creatures.
14. Scatter piles of vegetables such as pea pods, beet slices, kohlrabi slices, olives, pickles, and/or any other
15. Add strips of red pepper to the broccoli branches.
16. To make moss, add a few drops of green food coloring to a small amount of water in a medium bowl.
17. Add cooked spaghetti and let stand about 5 minutes.
18. Drain and place over broccoli trees.
19. Keep platter covered until serving time.
20. If necessary, spritz platter with water to keep it moist.
Googly Eyes - R You Looking at Me?
10 canned lychees
10 maraschino cherries, stems removed (or Drunken Cherries Aka Cherry Bomb)
10 chocolate chips
1. Drain lychee`s on a paper towel.
2. Place cherries in with stem side out.
3. Place chips into where the stem would have been.
5. Drizzle some of the cherry juice over the lychee`s to make it look blood shoot.
6. You can pre make these and cover these in vodka or rum for an adult drink drop one of these in each drink or
into a punch!
Halloween Sandwich Treats
8 slices pumpernickel bread
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup pimento stuffed olive
4 pimento stuffed olives
1. Slice each of the 4 olives in half. Set aside.
2. Spread 1 oz cream cheese on 4 of the slices of pumpernickel.
3. Chop remaining olives and divide evenly, spreading over top of the 4 cream cheese-topped slices.
4. Top 4 sandwiches with remaining slices. Using a knife or large cookie cutter, cut each into a pumpkin shape.
5. Use small dots of cream cheese to attach eyes of reserved sliced olives.
6. VARIATION: Following directions above, make pumpkin-shaped peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Use dots of peanut butter to attach raisins for eyes and mouth.
7. Serve with slices of pumpkin bread cut into spooky shapes with cookie cutters, if desired.
2 large avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (use more or less according to taste)
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 shallot, finely minced
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 small tomato, diced
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1. Process all ingredients together until the mixture has a lumpy consistency.
2 English muffins
1/4 cup pizza sauce
2-4 stuffed green olives or pitted black olives, sliced (need 8 slices)
2-3 pieces mozzarella string cheese
1. Toast English muffins.
2. Preheat oven to 350*.
3. Lay 4 muffin halves on baking sheet.
4. Spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce on each muffin half.
5. Set 2 olive slices in place for eyes on each muffin half.
6. Pull string cheese into pieces and lay on muffins above and under "eyes", layering them to look like mummy
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise, plus
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon paprika
12 pimento stuffed olives
1.Cut through hard cooked egg in half.
2. Scoop out yolk.
3. Place cooked yolk in a bowl and mash with a fork.
4. Stir in mayonnaise, paprika and salt to taste.
5. Mix thoroughly and fill egg white eye socket with mixture.
6. Smooth yolk mixture.
7. Press olive into yolk mixture so pimento is facing out.
|Easy Breezy Recipes