A nutritious recipe on five-cheese casserole which is easy to prepare and delicious.
1/2 pound lean ground beef **
1/2 pound ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
15 ounces tomato sauce
3/4 teaspoon each dried basil and oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup 1-percent fat cottage cheese
2 ounces light cream cheese
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
8 ounces noodles, cooked
1/2 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cook meat in nonstick skillet until browned (no fat needed for browning).
- Pour off any excess fat and rinse meat with warm water.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and seasonings.
- In a separate bowl blend together cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, yogurt, and Parmesan cheese.
- Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with no-stick vegetable oil cooking spray (instead of regular oil).
- Layer the baking dish with half the noodles, half the meat sauce, and all of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat with the rest of the noodles and sauce.
- Top with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- This recipe yields six very large servings.
**: Try adding broccoli or any other vegetable to increase portion size and decrease calories (broccoli has only 25 calories pr half cup.)
This recipe was modified to lower the total calorie, without compensating on its taste. Healthy eating can also taste good.
Serves: 6, Serving size: 1 heaping cup
Sandy is a food lover who has been into the food business for more than 20 years. She shares her experience in cooking tips, recipes as well as a healthy cooking way.Articles Source: Low Calorie Five-Cheese Casserole
|Easy Breezy Recipes