What you need:
- 1/2 lb fresh baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 c converted rice
- 1 c onion, diced
- 1/4 c fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 4 T butter
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t garlic, minced
- 1/8 t pepper
What you do:
- Melt 3 T butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, onion and
garlic and saute until onion is translucent but not browned.
Remove mushrooms, onion and garlic from pan.
- Melt 1 T butter in skillet. Add rice to skillet and cook over
medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, wine, salt and
pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for
20 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Add cheese and parsley
and mix. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and