|Easy Breezy Recipes
Holiday time is almost here and it is time to plan holiday meals. Consumers are health conscience and demanding tasty, healthy and nutritious diets. The ancient Paleo Diet has surged in popularity for obvious reasons. Paleo diet designed by Mother Nature lean red meat, fish, poultry, eggs, fresh vegetables and fruits, nuts, seeds and herbs. Prepare your holiday desserts Paleo style.
Paleo Coconut Milk Ice Cream Recipe
Dairy milk free ice cream recipe. Coconut milk is plant based and used as dairy alternative in Paleo Diet Recipes. Top or blend fresh fruits (strawberries, bananas, pineapple) of choice.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup honey (orthodox Paleo Diets do not allow honey)
- 1 (13.5- ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (13.5- ounce) can regular coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a large bowl, whisk yolks and honey together until blended well about 1 to 2 minutes. Add light and regular coconut milk and whisk again until well combined.
Transfer coconut mixture to a medium pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until just thickened and mixture coats the back of a spoon, 8 to 10 minutes. Be sure not to let the mixture boil. Remove pot from the heat and stir in vanilla.
Transfer contents from pot to bowl chill until cold. Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions then transfer to container with lid and freeze until firm.Freeze for at less 2 hours or more.
Paleo Raw Food Apple Crisp Recipe
- 4 apples, cored and chopped (Can substitute apple for pears)
- 1/2 cup orange or lime juice
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup sliced walnuts
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Toss chopped apples ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Put apples spice mixture in an 8-inch square baking dish or 2-quart casserole dish. Drizzle with orange or lime juice, toss until the fruit is coated and smooth the top.
- In a food processor, combine pecans, walnuts, golden raisins, ginger and cinnamon and pulse just until chopped.
- Spoon in nut mixture over the apple mixture.
Refrigerate for approximately 2 hours
Paleo Carrot Applesauce Muffin Recipe
2 1/2 cups almond meal/flour
3 large eggs (beat well)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup applesauce (unprocessed)
1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Mix dry ingredients well. Add in beaten eggs, honey, vanilla, applesauce and shredded carrots.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Lightly grease muffin tin with olive oil or coconut oil.
- Pour in smooth muffin ingredients
- Bake 40-45 minutes
Paleo Nutty Coconut Fruit Ambrosia Recipe
- 1 peeled and pitted large mango
- 2 peeled kiwi
- 1 peeled and sliced orange
- 1/2 pound red grapes
- 1/2 pounds green grapes
- 1/2 cup halved walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerated for approximately 1 hour