What you need:
- 4 c flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c shortening
- 1.5 c sugar
- 3/4 c milk
- 2 t baking soda
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 t salt
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until
smooth. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture.
- Roll out the dough and cut into shapes with cookie cutters, or
form into rounded teaspoon sized balls. Place on ungreased
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies set on cookie sheet for a
couple minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.