What you need:
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1.5 c uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8 oz smoked sausage or kielbasa, chopped
- 1 c milk
- 3 T butter
- 1 T flour
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- Cook macaroni per package instructions; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add flour to butter and mix.
Add milk and stir over low heat until mixture starts to thicken. Add
cheese to saucepan and cook on low heat until melted. Add
sausage, pepper and cooked macaroni to saucepan and mix well.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour
contents of saucepan into casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, in a
preheated 350 oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on
top and heated through.