What you need:
- 1.5 lbs round steak, trimmed of excess fat and cubed
- 2 c water
- 2 t beef bouillon granules
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb fresh tomatillos, chopped
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 T vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add round steak to skillet, season with
salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat until browned.
- Place beef and remaining ingredients into a 3.5 quart or larger
crock pot and mix. Cook, covered, for 8 - 9 hours on low.
- May add additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve on warm
tortillas or over rice.