What you need:
- 3 lbs spareribs, cut small enough to fit in slow cooker
- 16 oz sauerkraut, drained
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 1/2 c onion sliced
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 t caraway seed
- 2 T vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Rub ribs generously with salt and
pepper. Add ribs to skillet and brown on both sides.
- Place onions, sauerkraut, caraway seed, sugar and apples into
a 4 quart or larger crock pot. Place ribs on top. Cover and cook
for 7-9 hours on low.