What you need:
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- small head of cabbage, chopped in bite sized pieces
- 1/3 c cider vinegar
- 1/3 c white sugar
- 3 T butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Heat to a boil about 2 quarts of water in a 4 quart or larger
saucepan. Add cabbage and simmer for 10 minutes, or until
cabbage is tender but not mushy; drain.
- Mix together the sugar, vinegar, melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Place cabbage in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and
mix. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve later.